- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
How we collect data about you and your use of this site
As a user of our Site you will always have control of the data we collect about you. However, there will be areas of the Site that will require you to provide certain information for you to be able to use or access them. Personal, property and quote data may be collected via a variety of methods. We will also collect information on site visits and the method by which visitors navigate their way through our Site.
To allow us to maintain information about customers during their visit and to save you time by storing certain pieces of information you may need during the visit, we may use small text-only data files known as 'cookies'. This website can be viewed without accepting any cookies, although most browsers accept them automatically. Cookies can be deleted from your browser, or by amending your browser settings you can prevent their automatic receipt.
How we use your data
Data that we collect about you will only be used for the purposes given below:
Fulfilment: Personal data collected as part of the purchase process will be held primarily to fulfil your request or instruction. This data will be retained and may be used for any of the following purposes; accounting, billing and auditing, claims, administrative and legal purposes, security and payment verification. Details of credit cards or other payment methods will not be stored.
Marketing communications: Ringweekends may use your details to keep you informed of special offers or products and services that we feel may be of relevance. We may also use data to tailor promotions to your requirements. Please be aware that from time to time, we may use your data to contact you for market research purposes. WE WILL NEVER PASS ON ANY DETAILS TO OTHER COMPANIES.
Analysis: Data collected online may be used to carry out analysis that will allow us to monitor the success of our service and plan future site content and activity. This data, which will be kept anonymous, may also be used to allow us to profile our customers, in order to better understand their requirements and help us to improve our service.
How to opt out of receiving marketing communications
How you may amend data submitted by you
To amend personal information held by Ringweekends, please contact us.
Who your data may be disclosed to
Ringweekends does not pass any personal data about you to any third parties. When you book with us, you will be required to disclose relevant personal data about yourself to Ringweekends or their agents, which may include data which is deemed "sensitive" under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your explicit consent to the processing of this data, which is required under the Data Protection Act 1998, will be requested at the time of purchase or booking as applicable. All information provided by yourself will only be used by Ringweekends, its agents and associated companies, some of which may be in other countries with different privacy laws. Ringweekends will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is held securely.
How data is kept secure
When you book online with Ringweekends, your web browser may connect with the third party payment websites through SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) which ensures the security of your credit card details and other personal information. SSL is an industry-standard way to send personal information securely over the Internet. The use of SSL and digital certificates ensures you are actually sending data to our payment providers and not someone who claims to be collecting payment on Ringweekends behalf so you can be sure of purchasing in complete confidentiality and safety.
Links to external websites
This website provides links to external sites to ensure our visitors are able to find all the information they require. Please be aware that Ringweekends are unable to accept responsibility for the security of any information that you choose to divulge to any external websites.
Any changes to the way Ringweekends collects or uses data will be promptly reflected in this policy.
For any queries as to the collection or use of your personal data, please contact us.